Hannah's Hope (Karen Kingsbury)

iVillage Member
Hannah's Hope (Karen Kingsbury)
Thu, 12-08-2005 - 9:15am

This is the final installment of the "Red Gloves Series" (which I have not read any of but I saw it at the base library today and it caught my attention).

15-year-old Hannah Roberts remembers when her father was her closest friend. The image is hazy, though, pulled from her distant childhood memories, and her father is now very cold and distant. Feeling orphaned, Hannah lives a lonely life with her wealthy, ailing grandmother. As Christmas nears, Hannah learns a shocking truth: the man she believed was her father is not her parent after all. In an effort to find answers, she begins a desperate search for her real father, Air Force pilot Mike Conner. Local politicians and the city's newspaper catch wind of her quest, and the entire state joins in Hannah's hope - that she'll find her father before the holidays.

I just started this today and it's only 164 pages or so, so it probably will not take me too long to finish it.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-08-2005 - 12:03pm

This sounds like a really sweet story :-) Let us know what you think when you finish it :-)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2005 - 9:08am

It made me cry!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-14-2005 - 9:25am

I love it when a book gets you so emotionally involved! The last time I cried while reading a book was for The Kite Runner.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-17-2005 - 12:01am

Kingsbury's book One Tuesday Morning had me sobbing!

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-18-2005 - 12:24pm

I went to the library Friday.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-18-2005 - 12:33pm
It is a series but they don't seem to be connected other than by the red gloves that play a part in the story.