Testimony by Anita Shreve

iVillage Member
Testimony by Anita Shreve
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 11:37am

This is the newest one by the author. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars. I thought it was a good book. It involves a sexual assault case at a prestigious private school and each chapter is told by a different character involved. Some of the people only have one chapter, but others get quite a few. It was well-written and had some more substance to it than some of her latest novels, imo.

Product Description
At a New England boarding school, a sex scandal is about to break. Even more shocking than the sexual acts themselves is the fact that they were caught on videotape. A Pandora's box of revelations, the tape triggers a chorus of voices--those of the men, women, teenagers, and parents involved in the scandal--that details the ways in which lives can be derailed or destroyed in one foolish moment.

Writing with a pace and intensity surpassing even her own greatest work, Anita Shreve delivers in TESTIMONY a gripping emotional drama with the impact of a thriller. No one more compellinglyexplores the dark impulses that sway the lives of seeming innocents, the needs and fears that drive ordinary men and women into intolerable dilemmas, and the ways in which our best intentions can lead to our worst transgressions.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Kindergarten Sig
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-29-2008 - 2:07pm
I was looking at this one in the bookstore.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 9:38am
I rated this book a 5 out of 5.

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 9:47am

It takes a lot for me to give a book 5 stars, I am tough! LOL!

But I did really like the writing style of this one as well, one of her better books.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Kindergarten Sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-02-2008 - 8:19pm

I just finished it and I enjoyed it as well. I liked the style that she used. It was interesting to see how the events unfolded and the different perceptions of each character.

Kathie

Kathie