Completed Twilight Saga- Wdyt?

iVillage Member
Completed Twilight Saga- Wdyt?
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 12:30pm
Okay for those that have completed all four (and maybe the partial Midnight Sun). What did you think? What were your favorite parts? Why do you think we are all so obsessed with it? What made it THAT good ya know what I mean?!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-01-2008 - 9:09pm

While I definitely had favorite parts throughout the books, Twilight was by far my favorite. I just love that whole book. I don't know how to describe it.

Was Forks High School YOUR high school? It was definitely mine. Seeing movie pictures (or even pictures of the real Forks High) really threw me.

I loved being able to read half of that book from Edward's POV.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 12:36am

I agree, it was definitely my favorite out of all four as well.I loved the happy ending of book 4 but it can never compare to the love story itself.

The only thing I didn't like from all the books was her saying she was in love with Jacob. That really upset me. When she first started hanging out with him in book two she said it was because he had the personality to make those around him happy. And that is fine. I don't think she ever used him. She always told him where her heart was so I absolutely hated that part of the storyline and I thought Jacob was such an arrogant cuss for most of book 2 and 3.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 7:54am

When I read the series for the first time, New Moon was the one I disliked the most. On the second reading, Eclipse was the one I disliked the most.

The first time--I hated that Edward wasn't there and she found someone to kind of fill his spot. I guess it was after knowing the ending, that I didn't mind their friendship AT ALL.

But, in Eclipse, is where she was the real betrayer. Edward was back, but she was taking every chance she could get to sneak out with Jacob--eww! And then, right before the newborn fight, that was the ultimate betrayal! So, I was glad when she finally cut him off.

And I wasn't grossed out by his imprinting, and I have no idea why I wasn't. One of my students told me, "Ewwwww!...that is so gross!"

I love the way Stephenie Meyer wrapped it all up at the end, but she left some loose ends that she never brought up--the "human" friends, when/if she'd ever see Renee' again, and one other thing that I can't remember that was just in my mind half a second ago.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 10:10am
I live in WA.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 10:22am

I wonder if this bothered you as much as it bothered me. It wasn't until my third read of Twilight that I thought to actually look this up, and I just looked it up a couple days ago, and I can't believe the discrepancy.

She told her dad that she wanted to go to Seattle for books & clothes. She told him she'd stop for gas in Olympia and Tacoma. Well, I'm thinking, wouldn't either of these 2 places have bookstores & malls???? So, I look it up. She would have to pass through (or near) Seattle to get to Tacoma & Olympia!! (which both do have malls & bookstores, btw)

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 10:23am

And honestly, I rathered Bella whiny (the second time I read it) than sneaky (in Eclipse)! Might be the teacher in me...I hate sneaky kids!

Midnight Sun may never be published because it was leaked.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 10:51am

LOL!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 11:04am

Oh, I'm big on TV/movie/book discrepancies....I'm really bad about it.

There was a website that is no longer in existence that was about Disney's discrepancies. I LOVED that site!!! I don't even remember the name of it, but it went away.

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 4:59pm

Yea I saw the imprinting coming. When Jacob was so enraged my first thought was, oh goodness, that is why we heard about the toddler imprinting earlier on in the series..here we go and sure enough! I think she totally left it open for a book about him and Reneseme.

You are right, that camp scene made me livid! I was so mad at Bella!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-02-2008 - 5:32pm

I didn't see it coming. But once it happened, it hit me like a ton of bricks (when he felt drawn away from the house, and he was just drawn to where Rosalie had taken the baby).

Pages