When Autumn Leaves by Amy S. Foster

iVillage Member
When Autumn Leaves by Amy S. Foster
Wed, 05-05-2010 - 8:47am

In the tiny town of Avening in the Pacific Northwest, life hums with a peculiar sort of energy. Some call the town enchanted; others call it quirky. But all would agree that it is a special sort of hamlet, populated by some rather intriguing people. Perhaps the most intriguing is the town witch and wise woman. An individual of extraordinary, even magical talents, Autumn Avening is ready to retire-and must find a replacement from among the local denizens. With one year to choose, Autumn begins keeping an ever closer watch on her friends and neighbors, looking for just the right candidate. Through her eyes, we get intimate glimpses of the locals of Avening-strong men and women whose stories are both heartwarming and heartbreaking. VERDICT Loose ends in Foster's strong debut indicate sequel potential for those who enjoy following characters from book to book.

Interesting story...but just slightly off...not the best dialog and sometimes had trouble keeping all the characters straight....and they came in and out of the story pretty fast...good but not wonderful.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-06-2010 - 5:46am
Sounds like a good read.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-10-2010 - 11:24am
I thought the idea was great as well but it didn't live up to expectations. I tthink that I gave up on it and didn't finish it.
Kathie

Kathie