There's No Place Like Home by MHC

iVillage Member
There's No Place Like Home by MHC
Wed, 02-14-2007 - 12:02pm

This isn't the latest by Mary Higgins Clark--it came out before Two Little Girls in Blue--but somehow I missed it. It tells the story of Celia Nolan, a woman with a past. She was born Liza Barton, and one terrible night she accidentally shot and killed her mother and wounded her stepfather. She was trying to protect her mother and was aquitted in court, but newspapers dubbed her "little Lizzie Borden." She was adopted by distant relatives and changed her name, hoping to put the past behind her.

Now in her early thirties, Celia is married to her second husband, Alex Nolan. Alex buys a house as her birthday surprise. It turns out to be the house where she fatally shot her mother. Not long after, their real estate agent winds up dead. Celia tries to keep her identity hidden and suspicion off her as more people wind up dead and the killer begins to zero in on Celia.

Some of it kept me guessing, but the end wasn't a really huge surprise.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-15-2007 - 10:34am
I was sure this book had been discussed before but nothing came up when I searched for it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-18-2007 - 9:29am
I have read all of MHC's books and I agree that this one was not shocking. Her books were becoming very predictable until her last one, Two Little Girls in Blue, have you read that one yet?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-20-2007 - 11:33am
Yes, I read Two Little Girls in Blue. That was good too. Even though her books have become a bit predictable, they tend to suck me in nonetheless.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-20-2007 - 12:45pm
I do read her books once in a while.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-26-2007 - 5:32pm
I remember reading this.

Photobucket