The Copper Scroll

iVillage Member
The Copper Scroll
Mon, 04-30-2007 - 2:05pm

I suppose The Copper Scroll by Joel Rosenberg could be considered a thriller, albeit a religious one. This is the fourth book in his end times series, preceded by The Last Jihad, The Last Days, and The Ezekiel Option. This latest installment follows Jon Bennett and Erin McCoy Bennett (yes, they did get married!) on the ultimate treasure hunt. Of course, some nasty fellows learn what they are doing, courtesy of a mole, and try to wreck everyone's day. There's lots of action, gunfights, and adrenaline-pumping twists, all wrapped up by a happy, intriguing, ending. Rosenberg also peppers his novel with plenty of Biblical and historical references in order to provide even the most Biblically-inept reader the basic knowledge to understand the plot. He weaves together archeological finds, Biblical text, and his own creativity, resulting in a very interesting read. Even if you're not interested in Bible prophecy or history, this book will get you hooked!

Mrs. Hull
www.mrshull.com

Edited 4/30/2007 2:17 pm ET by mrshull
iVillage Member
In reply to: mrshull
Mon, 04-30-2007 - 6:21pm
I looked at this at B&N and thought I'd wait for your review before I deciding to read it ;-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: mrshull
Tue, 05-01-2007 - 12:53pm

I hope you enjoy the book! Try to start with the first so you'll have all the background information since many characters return from book to book!

Mrs. Hull
www.mrshull.com

Edited 5/1/2007 12:54 pm ET by mrshull