The Nanny Murders by Merry Jones

iVillage Member
The Nanny Murders by Merry Jones
Thu, 08-02-2007 - 11:36pm

This book confused me. Is it a romance or a murder mystery? This is a book about a single mom who, as an art therapist, is asked to work on a case in her neighborhood involving missing nannies. Now, I thought it highly unlikely that the police would ask an ART therapist to consult on their missing persons case; seeing that I almost went into the field of MUSIC therapy myself, I know a little bit about what these two fields entail, and solving mysteries is not part of either. But, suspending my disbelief, I read on. Predictably, the main character falls in love with the lead investigator, and both try to solve the mystery as well as sort out their feelings for each other. The mystery aspect is shelved during the middle of the book, and it feels like the book is turning into a romance. Then, at the end, after some predictible red herrings, things happen quickly as the mystery comes back into play; the main character is kidnapped by the murderer himself, and what happens in the end is relatively predictable. It started out promising, but I was disappointed with it overall.

Emily, in Colorado

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-03-2007 - 10:48am
Sounds like something written by a first-time author.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com