Heartsick by Chelsea Cain

iVillage Member
Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
Mon, 10-15-2007 - 3:30pm

This is a new book in the thriller category and is so good! Think Hannibal Lector as a female. The psychological games and the twisted story combine to make a very good read! Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys this genre of book!

Amazon.com
Chelsea Cain steps into a crowded, blood-soaked genre with Heartsick, a riveting, character-driven novel about a damaged cop and his obsession with the serial killer who...let him live. Gretchen Lowell tortured Detective Archie Sheridan for ten days, then inexplicably let him go and turned herself in. Cain turns the (nearly played out) Starling/Lecter relationship on its ear: Sheridan must face down his would-be killer to help hunt down another. What sets this disturbing novel apart from the rest is its bruised, haunted heart in the form of Detective Sheridan, a bewildered survivor trying to catch a killer and save himself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-18-2007 - 10:57am
I'll have to recommend this one to DH.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-10-2009 - 3:25pm
I just read this book and it was really good.

Lori

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-12-2009 - 1:00pm
I read Sweetheart too and enjoyed it as well. SHe leaves it open for a 3rd book and I hope she does write another one in the series!
Photobucket
Kindergarten Sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-06-2009 - 5:18pm
I just finished this Sat night. DH listened to it on audio and recommended it. It has a good pace. I liked it.
Mel
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 11:32am
That's good to know - I just started it today.