Beach Road by James Patterson

iVillage Member
Beach Road by James Patterson
Mon, 01-14-2008 - 6:20pm

Yikes! What an ending!

I could only find a very brief thread on this book. I'd really like to discuss the book with someone. Has anybody read it and wants to talk about it?

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2008 - 8:49am
I read it but can honestly say I don't remember the ending! If you could tweak my memory I would be happy to talk about it! ;o)
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2008 - 9:57am

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!

LOL. It turned out that the lawyer, Tom, the main character (and his nephew) were the killers. Thinking back, of course, there were a few small hints, only a few of which I got, and which puzzled me. I wondered why the drug dealer, Loco, was so well-spoken. Not what you'd expect from a dealer. LOL. And with his nickname, I assumed he was Hispanic, but there was a scene where he heard some Hispanic men talking, and didn't know whether they were speaking Spanish or Portuguese. That confused me too. I also wondered why the waitress in the scene where Loco met with the crooked cop treated him so familiarly and called him Sweetie, or something like that. LOL. And in the same scene I wondered why it was OK for him to sit next to the cop & chat with him. Wouldn't that indicate that the cop was cooked? But none of these things made me realize the truth. LOL.

But if you didn't remember the surprise ending, maybe you don't remember the details. LOL.

One thing I thought about was the posibility that Tom had set the whole thing up in order to get Kate back. What do you think?

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2008 - 12:16pm

OK thank you, I remember it now! Yes that was a good book and the ending was good! I also did not pick up on the clues even though there were not a whole lot of them.

I do remember thinking it may have all been done to try and win Kate back, or simply b/c it is a part of Tom's persona and he can not change it.

I am glad you liked it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2008 - 12:48pm
Forgot to mention the thing that happened that was so funny. I didn't figure out til page 278 that Detective Connie Rainer wasn't a woman! Ha!

Katz

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2008 - 5:45pm
LOL!
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket