In the Woods by Tana French

iVillage Member
In the Woods by Tana French
Mon, 03-10-2008 - 5:17pm

This was an excellent psychological thriller that i highly recommend. It takes place in Ireland and is very well written. I had a hard time putting it down. The correlation between the current case and what happened to the detective working the case as a young child in the same location really kept my interest. I hope those of you that enjoy thrillers/suspense will read it!

From Publishers Weekly
Irish author French expertly walks the line between police procedural and psychological thriller in her debut. When Katy Devlin, a 12-year-old girl from Knocknaree, a Dublin suburb, is found murdered at a local archeological dig, Det. Rob Ryan and his partner, Cassie Maddox, must probe deep into the victim's troubled family history. There are chilling similarities between the Devlin murder and the disappearance 20 years before of two children from the same neighborhood who were Ryan's best friends. Only Maddox knows Ryan was involved in the 1984 case. The plot climaxes with a taut interrogation by Maddox of a potential suspect, and the reader is floored by the eventual identity and motives of the killer. A distracting political subplot involves a pending motorway in Knocknaree, but Ryan and Maddox are empathetic and flawed heroes, whose partnership and friendship elevate the narrative beyond a gory tale of murdered children and repressed childhood trauma. (May)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2008 - 10:05am
I'm surprised I haven't heard of this author.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2008 - 11:40am
I think you would really like it Jen. I want to ask you a question. The book mostly takes place in Knocknarnee. Is that a place that really exists in Ireland? I had never heard of it before.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-12-2008 - 7:51am
I'd say it probably is real.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 9:27am
I finished this book yesterday.

iVillage Member