Dean Koontz fans?

iVillage Member
Dean Koontz fans?
Wed, 11-12-2008 - 1:01pm

Koontz is the author solely responsible for my addiction to books. The First real novel I ever read on my own accord was Watchers at the suggestion of my older sister.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2008 - 3:58pm

Dedi will you be my best friend? Really we have so much stuff in common we need to meet someday.

The first Dean Koontz book I remember reading was "Door to December" I think I was 7 or 8 when I read it for the first time. He's my dad's favorite author so I started reading what my dad was reading when I was out of books in the children's library. So I guess Koontz is responsible for my obsession too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2008 - 4:33pm

I totally want to meet you someday Mel. We have SO much in common it's almost scary. ;-)

I loved Door to December. My Favorite is The Taking, I read it in 2004 and that book was SO creepy, I just loved it. My dad helped my addiction, he works at a hospital and people will drop off bags of books in the middle of the night (so the volunteers won't stop them, the hospital doesn't need more books) my dad works nights so he'd go down and snag any Dean Koontz books he could find. I got quite a few that way.

One whole shelf in my book closet (I

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2008 - 8:23pm

The first Dean Koontz book I read was Odd Thomas.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-12-2008 - 10:36pm

Lightning is old school. It's one of my favorites.

Odd Thomas is the beginning of a series too so that might help with why you were confused :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2008 - 7:43am

I need to get and read the rest of the Odd Thomas Series (what is the order of those books?) I really liked Odd Thomas, it was so bizarre.

I love bizarre books, I wouldn't tread far from Dean Koontz until I read the Song of Ice and Fire series and realized that Scifi/Fantasy was good too. LOL.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2008 - 10:10am

I am a BIG Koontz fan and he was one of the first authors that I really loved. My MOm got me hooked on him and I have read many of his books. I have not read all of them, but I have read more than not.

Lightning is one of my favorites and I loved The Husband.

I am looking forward to his new one coming out!

Photobucket
Kindergarten Sig
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-13-2008 - 1:35pm

I'll talk Koontz! I loved Watchers, and I cried, too - for The Other! Whispers is another fave of mine, and The Face was really good. Strangers was the first Koontz I read and it's a good one, too. I'm not too fond of his "Odd Thomas" books, though. I've read most of them, but don't like them as much as his earlier works.