?'s to pick your brain on books

iVillage Member
?'s to pick your brain on books
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 2:23pm

These are the questions that will be featured in a special book section that will launch on our Momtourage site.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 2:46pm

What have you read that especially appealed to you as a mom? I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids by Trisha Ashworth

What have you read that made you cry? Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner

What have you read that made you want to change your life? The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

What have you read that made you laugh out loud? A Christmas Baby by Annette Blair

What have you read that made you put down the book to think about it? The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch

What have you read that you immediately wanted to pass along to a friend or family member? Wicked by Gregory Maguire, and its sequel, Son of a Witch

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 2:58pm
What have you read that made you want to change your life?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket iVillage.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 3:06pm

What have you read that especially appealed to you as a mom?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 4:12pm

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 5:04pm
By pass along, I generally mean get your own copy and read it. Some books I'll loan out, but NOT A Game of Thrones! I have a hardcover, personalized signed copy, it's MY book, I don't even let my husband touch it. ;-)

Photobucket
Community Moderater: Pregnancy & Parenting: iVillage.com
Pregnancy & Parenting

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 5:22pm

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 7:23pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 7:35pm

What have you read that especially appealed to you as a mom? Protecting the Gift by Gavin DeBecker, and the Dirty Little Secrets about moms book (don't remember the title or the authors, but it was featured on Rachael Ray this summer, and I bought it the next time I was at B&N). (2 completely different reasons of appeal, obviously.)

What have you read that made you cry? I sobbed in New Moon when Edward left her.

What have you read that made you want to change your life? I don't know.

What have you read that made you laugh out loud? Hoot by Carl Hiaasen

What have you read that made you put down the book to think about it? Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Piccoult

What have you read that you immediately wanted to pass along to a friend or family member? I'm pretty possessive with my books, but "pass along" in tell people about it--the Twilight saga. I've already gotten 4 people to read it...some of these uninterested in reading books--the Twilight saga is doing for adult women non-readers what Harry Potter did for children (especially boys) non-readers...lol. And 3 are borrowing MY copy of Twilight, but since Aly's still reading New Moon, they're going to get a copy from someone else.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 8:36pm

What have you read that especially appealed to you as a mom? The Undomestic Goddess

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-09-2008 - 5:53am

What have you read that especially appealed to you as a mom? A serious book that really touched me was Down Came the Rain by Brooke Shields.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pages