Library Club poster....

iVillage Member
Library Club poster....
Thu, 10-30-2008 - 6:58pm

I don't know where this should fit, but I wanted to share! (Mommy brag.)

As I've mentioned before, my daughter LOVES to read...always has her head stuck in a book. Who am I to complain??? She's me made over! ;o)

So, we have Library Club at our school. It's a club that students meet once a month and have "assignments" to do, such as oral book reports, visual book displays, etc. They also get to work in library once/month--they can get out of classes as long as they make up the work and the teacher is okay with it (she won't be able to miss Band, and she can't miss any tests). Their first assignment was to make a poster to put in the hallways.

A couple years ago, my Christmas gift to my homeroom was a bookmark with the following quote on it, along with "pirate" pictures (lost treasure, map, books--since it was a bookmark, a parrot, etc). She decided to use that quote and draw her own pirate pictures.

Ack....my computer is disagreeing with me right now, so I'll have to come back and edit to put in the quote.

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."

Edited 10/30/2008 7:43 pm ET by alygator

Edited 10/30/2008 7:44 pm ET by alygator

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-31-2008 - 2:39pm
Sounds like your DD made a great poster!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-31-2008 - 5:38pm

*Bad Mommy Award*

I didn't take a picture. But I know where it's posted in the school and I keep a digital camera at school, so I need to do that, don't I???