What's Your Reading Personality?

iVillage Member
What's Your Reading Personality?
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 6:16am

I just took this fun book quiz. Click on the link below and the share your result :-)

http://www.bookbrowse.com/quiz/

Your responses showed you fitting into two different groups - the exacting reader and the serial reader.

The expression 'so many books, so little time!' sums up your life. You love books but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like - so you're very particular about the books you choose.

In fact, you're a publisher's dream, because once you discover a favorite writer you tend to stick with him/her through thick and thin and eagerly await the next in the series; but even you need to discover some new blood from time to time!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 10:08am

A fun quiz. I'm an all-rounder.

Kathie

Kathie

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 11:24am

Your Reading Personality: Serial Reader!

You may read a lot or a little, but either way you're a publisher's dream, because once you discover a favorite writer you stick with him/her through thick and thin and eagerly await the next in the series; but even you need to discover some new blood from time to time!

*nothing wrong with loyalty. ;-)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 4:11pm

Your responses showed you fitting equally into all four reading personalities:

Involved Reader: You don't just love to read books, you love to read about books. For you, half the fun of reading is the thrill of the chase - discovering new books and authors, and discussing your finds with others.
Exacting Reader: You love books but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like - so you're very particular about the books you choose.
Serial Reader: Once you discover a favorite writer you tend to stick with him/her through thick and thin.
Eclectic Reader: You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 7:12pm

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 8:51pm

"Your responses showed you fitting equally into all four reading personalities:

Involved Reader: You don't just love to read books, you love to read about books. For you, half the fun of reading is the thrill of the chase - discovering new books and authors, and discussing your finds with others.
Exacting Reader: You love books but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like - so you're very particular about the books you choose.
Serial Reader: Once you discover a favorite writer you tend to stick with him/her through thick and thin.
Eclectic Reader: You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors. "

Lori

Lori

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 8:51pm
Me too Kathie!!!

Lori

Lori

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 5:06pm

Your responses show that you are both a serial reader and an eclectic reader, which indicates that you both read widely and frequently.

As a serial reader you're loyal to your favorite authors, but as an eclectic reader you're also open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre. That you manage to both keep up with your favorite authors and explore new writers indicates that you are likely to be what the research companies like to term a "heavy reader" - and a BookBrowse membership might be just what you've been looking for!

Photobucket
Kindergarten Sig
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-20-2009 - 6:20pm

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 8:21am

That was a good quiz. I find so many of these quizes you practically know how you're 'suppose' to respond. My main problem was that I wanted to click more than one answer on a few of the questions! LOL

And, I think the answer was right on the money:

Your Reading Personality: Eclectic Reader!

You read for entertainment but also to expand your mind. You're open to new ideas and new writers, and are not wedded to a particular genre or limited range of authors.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 9:28am

Your Reading Personality: Exacting Reader!

Photobucket

Pages