Book store Indulgences????

iVillage Member
Book store Indulgences????
Sun, 03-07-2010 - 9:23pm

Been ages since I have been to the bookstore...have been TRYING to not buy anymore ....well went to Barnes and Noble on Friday....yup..Let's see had a coupon so got Mathilda Savitch by Victor Loduto...Then hit the buy 2 get one 1/2 price.....Got Gemma by Meg Tilly, The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, and Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas....Then got The CalorieKing: Calorie, Fat, & Corbohydrate Counter....(hubby wanted this for his diabetes) won't hurt me either...lol....

What were you're last purchases??

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 7:54am
You got some great books there Ruth! =)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 8:35am

Hi Ruth ... I try to stay out of those pesky bookstores right now .... they cause me much distress .... so much to look at and buy, but no budget for new books right now, lol! If there is a book I can't get through the library and I really want to read it - I send my husband to the store for me - and he is good about just buying the one book. I doubt I would be that good. Can you tell I have book buying issues? LOL

I did take my girls to Barnes & Noble last week to purchase books for them - they earned a reward for their sticker charts and decided they wanted a book ... we had fun selecting books and ended up with Best Friends for Frances for my 5 year old and Max's Chocolate Chicken for my 3 year old (she is a Max & Ruby addict).

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 1:54pm

I was switching TV and Internet providers last week. I knew the guys that were doing the work so I decided to get out of the way for a few hours. I couldn't think of a better place than Starbucks and Chapters to kill a few hours. The promotion for the week was if you buy at least 3 books and

Kathie

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 8:36pm
LOL...you are so right about coupons and sales.....Glad they are good ones!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 8:42pm

Oh I know....I sure try to not go to the Bookstores....lol....but failed miserablily last week....Books are such a great treat! Bought one for granddughter's birthday....One called Ladybug Girl!

Follow Me for Survivor Talk!

Click, get healthy & join the fun

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 8:44pm
You had marvelous restraint only getting 3!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 9:56pm

Indulge you did!

I just bought two books--Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert and Little Bee by Chris Cleave, I had $15 in border bucks!

Shamrock2

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-10-2010 - 3:57pm

I cannot even pass B&N without going in and buying a book knowing that I don't need any. Its bad lol

I just bought Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah I think.

Photobucket

Photobucket
<
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 10:10pm
I recently bought Dean Koontz's Breathless and a book I'd heard about that looks fun - I Used to Know That. A little book about all sorts of facts and trivia we learned in school (maybe), but probably have forgotten. I got them from Amazon.