Does reading a book effect you outside

iVillage Member
Does reading a book effect you outside
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 7:29am

a book? I haven't read any lately but in the past I have been so emotional about a book that it's made me sad or worried in my regular world. I wish I could remember the books that made me feel that way. And, I'd rather have one that made me happy! LOL

Has this ever happened to you?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 7:57am
Oh yes....that happens all the time....A lot depends on what is happening in my life as I am reading a particutlar story...Right now have some things going on and so just cannot deal with a 'heavy' book....Don't need deep or sad or emotional right now...so have been choosing cozy mysteries with a big dose of romance....just light and fluffy.....Hugs, Ruth

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-16-2010 - 9:16am

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I remember reading a book years ago that made me so depressed. And, then... I picked it up and read it AGAIN! This is the book I wish I could remember so I didn't read it again. LOL

I hope things get better for you, Ruth!

Hugs,

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 5:51am
Great question!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-19-2010 - 9:12am
That's so cool that you can rouse yourself from a dream. I very rarely remember my dreams but if I do, I can't rouse myself from it. (I have tried to fall back asleep and continued the dream if it was good though! LOL) In high school, I had a friend who could make himself fly or do cool things in his dream if he realized he was dreaming.