This post may get deleted - read fast

iVillage Member
This post may get deleted - read fast
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 9:43pm
I won't be coming back. I love you ladies - but I'm too upset at ivillage. I've done my own bit of research (if you call it that) and no, this change did NOT have to happen. contrary to what they are telling us.

Thing is, they are now being paid on a per-hit basis. Each time you log on to ivillage and "hit it" they get paid. I suspect this is why the new format. Money.

I can't back that up - not with the outpouring of people who cannot/willnot use ivillage. Some with older computers just can't. It's really sad.

I had about 4 boards I checked in on, two I was active on frequently - two I was come/and/go on. One board I can't leave. It's the Ezzo debate board. It's important to me, until I find a new place to speak my mind about that form of parenting. I will now limit my "hit" to once a week.

I just can't back ivillage up in this. I am not the type to whine and moan, instead I am choosing to voice my feelings and take action. Ivillage won't be getting paid by me anymore.

I am so sorry - I know some may be mad at me, some may understand. I'm not trying to make anyone mad. But when I feel strongly about something - I do something about it. Since I just learned about the hit thing - I feel I must stop coming here.

If anyone needs to talk to me - email me at boysnbaskets@hotmail.com

I wish you all well - hugs to all of you and your boys and the girls we have here too!

Christine

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 10:23pm
I totally understand, everyone has to do what's right for them...But know that you will be missed and I'll be thinking about you!

I didn't even know about the underlying money issues, but that stinks...honestly, the thought did cross my mind about leaving after the change, but I finally decided that if I left, I wouldn't be leaving IVillage...I'd be leaving the people I've gotten to know & share my life with this past year...and the trade off, well I just couldn't leave the wonderful people I've met on these boards...especially the All Boys board...they are like my family only better..non-judgemental & holiday's are argument free.

You guys are closer to me & know more about my life than my own sister. I'd be lost without you...and that's why I feel sad that you are leaving...Good luck little sister on your journey and your summer addition, baby Mason...

Nanc 4Boys 16, 13, 4 & 1

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 12:50am
i'm new at this message board thing. Who pays iVillage for the "hits". Is it those stupid advertising boxes that always pop up? How did you find that out?

Chistine
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 3:38am
CYE!!! We will miss you here & you are always welcome to drop in anytime!!!

(((Hugs)))

Denise

Denise *CL for

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 5:34pm
I don't understand completely, but i will miss you. I have become very attached to this board. Because of that I understand that you are going to limit your visits to the one you can't live without.

Missing you already, Carol

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 2:04pm
I feel the same as you Nanc and that is way I'm staying.

Heidi

Mom to Patrick & Connor, 7.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 8:06pm
you just confirmed what my hubby said. I was explaining to my husband the terrible thing that happened to our boards and how terribly slow they are even with our cable modem and how you have to click and wait to read anything and he said they are probably being paid per click. And now you just said that you read that somewhere. Figures. Totally sucks. You would think they made enough money from all the add banners and pop up windows.

Holly

Holly with DH and kids Jacob 06/00,