DD refuses milk in the day

iVillage Member
DD refuses milk in the day
Mon, 02-07-2005 - 7:33am

Hi girls,

My DD will not drink expressed BM or formula in the day. She will wait until I get home at night from work and BF and then she wakes up about 2-3 times a night (on a good night!) and is fed. Is she getting enough? I know a big part of her diet should still be milk/formula, but I really don't think she is getting enough. During the day she will snack on things like yogurt, and bread etc. and she has her cereal, but that is it! She thinks she is an adult or something!

Thanks girls!

G&N
2/22/04

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-07-2005 - 12:28pm

Sounds like she is reverse cycling - and yes, she is likely getting enough doing this (it's not much different than not nursing all night long, but nursing fairly often thru the daytime, she's just reversing it):

http://www.mother-2-mother.com/reversecycling.htm

See if this sounds "familiar" and let us know what you think :)

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-16-2005 - 9:56pm
My ds does the same thing. I was very worried because I would nurse him at 6 am and he would only eat about 3 ounces until I picked him up at 4 pm. The ped. didn't seemed concerned because he was still gaining weight. He would also sleep alot during the day when he was away from me. This went on for about 3 weeks. Now he is eating a little more.
Angel

siggytry3.jpg