Using GSE for thrush - Q's

iVillage Member
Using GSE for thrush - Q's
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 1:43pm
For those of you who have had luck with GSE for thrush, did you take it orally or use it topically? How long did it take to help, and how long do need to keep using it after the symptoms go away? I bought the liquid today... YUCK!! LOL

Also, what other measures do you need to take as far as washing sheets, bras, pumps etc?

Thank you! I'm still not 100% convinced it is thrush, but I don't know what else it could be.

Leslie and 8 week old Henry

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 5:49pm
I used GSE to treat thrush. I used it orally AND topically.

Orally: I took 15 drops in a glass of water 5 times/day for three days, then only 2 or 3 times/day. I stopped shuddering from the bitter taste after about a week. :) I saw improvement after a week so I foolishly stopped and the shooting pains returned so I started over; then I drank the solution for two full weeks.

Topically: I put 10 drops in 1 oz. water and kept it in a little Tupperware container on the counter, and swabbed my nipples with it EVERY HOUR for the first two days, then after every feeding the following days. I occasionally swabbed DS's mouth but I confess that I was really lazy about it.

I stopped wearing a bra and didn't do any additional cleaning/treatment and my symptoms were gone after a total of three weeks (see above how I stopped too early and had to start over!). I did half-heartedly try to eat less sugar and white flour products but I wasn't strict about it.

Best of luck to you in your battle with the Yeast Beast!

xoxo

jools & Justin 6/9/02