Update on Ds and vent about Dh!!

iVillage Member
Update on Ds and vent about Dh!!
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:34am
Hi. First of all, thanks for all of the advice on ds when I wrote earlier about his failure to thrive. I went to a nuerologist (Because the ped said his head is not growing big enough)today and she said he is doing fine. I brought along the book where the nurses jot down his weights and such, along with the all mistakes they have been making. She said he is 50% on height, 3% on weight (A concern right now but she is just going to keep an eye on it) and 10-25% on head circumpherence. She wants to see him once a month and recheck him to make sure there are no mistakes at the ped (And make sure he gains weight) I just put him on a feeding scedule (I used to feed him when he was hungry) and it seems he does better on a scedule and seems to want to eat more between meals!

So, I get home all excited. She called the ped and blasted them for letting the nurses make so many mistakes on the charts. They called and left a message wanting to know "How you guys made out, we're concerned about the baby" Yeah right! Then Dh really got me going as he made the comment that the next baby will not be breastfed (The ped likes to throw that in...She is a formula fanatic!)I told him I WILL BREASTFEED my next baby, no questions asked! But like I said, I'm really glad everything worked out today...He's going to another doctor on Friday, so hopefully that test will come out okay, too!! Thanks for all of your support, I love this board!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:38am
It is nice to know that you will continue to breastfeed even with the complications you have encountered. My thoughts and prayers are with you that your son is and will be fine. As for your Dh, he can get over it...Breastmilk is the best thing for any child, as far as I'm concerned.

Marcie and Parker 2Aug02