So darn sad......more

iVillage Member
So darn sad......more
Wed, 08-13-2003 - 11:14pm
How in the world could 2 people be so cruel?

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/2391023/detail.html

This happend not too far from here and is all over the news. Apparently the parents(they were her parents) starved this sweet child to death. She weighed less than 12 LBS at 4 years old. Tonight it was revealed by police that the parents would tie her to a bed for days or lock her in an attic with no food or drink. She had a brother who they treated "normal." She was found in a cooler at her parents house.

Seems like a good time to bring back an eye for an eye....

Prayers that she is now safe with her God....

So sad....

Melissa

Edit....sorry I didn't mean to post under BF news....

Edited 8/13/2003 11:15:44 PM ET by firefly11

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 10:28am
our local paper ran the AP story on this. I was mind blown. I would really like to know who let them use their child to pass off as this little girl to a social worker. If that family had any idea what was going on they also should be charged with something.
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 10:37am
I caught a snippet of this on the news - was horrified! I can't understand and it breaks my heart to know what this little child endured in those 4 years.

I also saw last week (??) on the news another mother left her 2 month old in the car while she went into a fast food place (?) to fill out a job application. I think it was in Texas... and the heat being unbearable, the infant died. I just don't "get it"!! (it's not like there isn't any NEWS about this happening, how come moms/dads/daycares are not listening?!!)

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 11:13am
How sick and sad. I look at my big healthy 4 year old and I can't imagine him weighing less than his 6 mos old baby sister! What that poor little girl must have suffered in her 4 years.

Carissa
~ momma to bookworm Keithen (2/1/99), artist 

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 3:10pm
Oh it are people like this that make me agree with the death penalty....

That poor little girl, they need to chain the parents up to a bed and starve them to death...

Breaks your heart knowing that people can be that cruel to children.

Margo

Samuel - 15 months

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2003 - 11:08pm
All I can say is O_M_G!!! I cannot believe stories like this. It seriously makes me ill to think of children every day who face horrors I doubt I could face as an adult. "Suffer the little children to come unto me.." may these children have a higher place in heaven than Mother Teresa, take MY place if necessary. And I'm not sure if I believe hell is a bad enough place for the people who do things like this. As soon as my oldest child came into this world I was determined to raise him the best I could, keep him safe, healthy.. I pulled him from an in-home daycare just because I had a "bad feeling" about the woman running it. Why other parents don't have this intense love and parental instinct is beyond me.

I really have to stop now cuz I'm getting SOOO freakin angry, sheesh.

Heather

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2003 - 8:49pm
Crap like this really pisses me off. these people do not deserve a trial or "justice". they deserve the SAME treatment. Our legal systems sux in this dept. It truely breaks my heart. Poor sweet child.

Dee mommy to Mike(10) and Tori (18.5m) http://pages.ivillage.com/fweety_pie