Wow - quite a change! Where do...

iVillage Member
Wow - quite a change! Where do...
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:42am
...the regular questions go? I'm a bit confused so far :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:57am
You are not alone Kelly. I'm bummed that I can't seem to find my way back to the old board. It's not in the current archives yet. I hope it doesn't take them long or all those with questions or requests for help aren't going to get replies!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:05am
I am sure that it will take a while to get the bugs worked out of it...I have no idea exactly how this is going to work...I guess we won't have to "set up the board" anymore, which is kind of nice. I am sure that Paula & Eva have a great plan...what are we all doing up so early anyway??!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:21am
I don't know...I kind of just wing it! I'm not sure if I like this set up but I guess I'll get used to it!
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:36am
Well, I will agree that it seems a lot more "cold"...that was why I picked the PP boards to start with...they were "warm" for a cybercommunity.
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:22am
I totally agree, this seems sorta cold the way it is set up now! Is there way to view everyone's message line to a post or do we have to go to each and every one? I don't think I like this format :(

Karen - mommy to Kylie (6.5 months)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 7:20am
Hi Ladies,

I'm a cl for another board, and I don't think all the folders that your CLs requested are here yet. I remember looking at them because I lurk on this board a lot and I think there were more folders listed.

You can use Outline View to see the replies to the messages, but it doesn't work per message or per folder yet, it will outline the whole board and it will sort of look like the old board did.

Just take it an hour at a time and a day at a time and you'll get used to the new format.

Hugs,

Kristie & Jared (20mo)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:52am
Howdy guys! I know it's hard to get used to a new format, but it won't be long and you'll be an old pro. I like the format because I find it easier to see where there are new messages and it's easier to find stuff under the headings (folders) And just think, we can search archives. That in itself is worth the change, IMHO.

Love,

Jeny

WE CAN EDIT POSTS!!!!!!

Edited 3/27/2003 9:55:19 AM ET by jenybean

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:04pm
Directions on seeing a discussion in outline view:

If you are reading a discussion and want to see just that thread in outline view (rather than reading each response one at a time), in the url change the "message.asp" to "outline.asp" and change "msg=" to "tid=" and hit enter. Kind of a PITA, but until ivillage gives us the link, this'll do it.

This is from the page Kelly posted elsewhere on the board (that I tried unsuccessfully to reply to!), at this link:

http://pages.ivillage.com/june99_mom/tips.html

HTH!

Booker