Use the following words in a paragraph:

pony, morning, quickly, gross, destruction, nerdy, orange

Have fun!

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-24-2006 - 2:01pm

Good afternoon, Lynda!!!!

I hope you had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!!!

~*~*~*~*~

Here is my Quickie:

As I stumbled through the debris of last night’s storm, what remained of the barn seemed all but a silouette against the shimmering and brilliant ORANGE MORNING sky. Once inside I found my sweet but NERDY brother hovered over the gate of the birthing stall. He marveled at the PONY —still bloodied and wet— that nestled in the warmth of the straw at the feet of his mother. While she licked at her foal, I gathered up the afterbirth, which borders on the GROSS, and tossed it QUICKLY into the scavengers bucket. Upon my return, I couldn't help but marvel in my own right how, in the face of such loss and DESTRUCTION, the miracle life goes ever on.

Love and Blessings,

Laura

HeartSong20003@yahoo.com
"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." ~ Crowfoot

About Me and My Websites:
http://heartsong2000-ivil.tripod.com/bio/id1.html
What's New? at Pearls of Wisdom:
http://members.tripod.com/heartsong2000-ivil/id51.html

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." ~Rudyard Kipling

Edited 11/24/2006 7:10 pm ET by heartsong2000

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-24-2006 - 8:16pm

pony, morning, quickly, gross, destruction, nerdy, orange

What is that nerdy lawyer talking about?

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-24-2006 - 9:50pm

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. This was a great execrise to get me back into writing after the holiday and all morning shopping. But.....mine tends to be a little darker (okay a lot darker) than those already posted. In my defense....I like to write horror AND my dd and I just watched all three Blade movies. So really sunny ponies trotting through a field was just not coming to mind....

Have a great weekend!
Lyncee

The dim rays of the awaking dawn reveals the destruction rendered by the creatures of the night. The meadow offers a delusion of peace and tranquility. The oaks and elms painted in the brilliant red and orange of fall glows in the quickly approaching morning light. A single pony moves away from the shelter of the trees seeking the warmth of the early morning sun. I stood looking at the carnage, shaking my head in disgust.
“That’s gross,” stated Bill.
Gross would not have been the adjective I used to described the scene of death before us. But then Bill always did tend to be a bit nerdy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-24-2006 - 9:51pm

Laura

Great job! And very true - the miracle of life does go on.

Lyncee

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-24-2006 - 9:52pm

Mary

How cute. Loved the last line but then whenever lawyers are involved I have found this to be very true.

Lyncee

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-25-2006 - 1:53pm

What's that green thing lyin' there in the road? Don't you know what an osage orange is, Son? It looks some like a road apple, like what your pony leaves ahind him in the road. Except, o' course, it ain't brown and flattish and what for being green and hard an' all, it's not near so gross as a road apple. It don't smell like manure, neither. So, other than that, an osage orange and a road apple got a lot in common - ya can't eat 'em.

I tell ya true, you can't eat an osage orange. But isn't it a fruit, ya say? I can tell, I gotta get up purty early in the mornin' ta fool you, ya nerdy little git! Yah, it's a fruit. Mind you, a road apple ain't fruit but an osage orange, is. So, whilst ya don't want to go eatin' either one, if you just gotta flirt with self destruction, eat the road apple. The osage orange 'll pizen ya. Oh, it won't kill ya, but for a day, mebbe two, you'll wish it had.

Jake, just for fun.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-27-2006 - 11:33am

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Beautiful, Laura!

Hopeful and inspiring.

One nitpick:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-27-2006 - 11:41am

ROFL

Well done, Mary!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-27-2006 - 11:55am

ROFL

Not really, but I don't have an "awesome" tag that fits the tone of your piece.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-27-2006 - 12:26pm

Great to see you, stranger!

Well done!

Love the dialect.

Photobucket

Pages