3 RF seats across?

iVillage Member
3 RF seats across?
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 12:18pm

Hi everybody, I was wondering if you all could help me. I am due in Feb w/ #3 and at that time my DS will be 3 years and 4 months and my DD will be 21 months. My DS is rear facing behind the passengers seat in a graco myride 65 and my DD is in the middle in a britax RA. We have a Pontiac Montana minivan so we do have the option of moving my DS into the 3rd row, although I hate to do that. (Is that even safe? I'm worried about someone rear ending us and my son RF while it happens. Scary!) Not to mention, it would be a PITB to get him back there and I have these visions of my kids running all around the inside of the van wreaking havoc while I'm strapping the other ones in and me having to climb over seats to chase them down lol!

My DH is 6'6 and he hates sitting in the passenger seat bc of the 65 behind it. He can't really recline or push his seat back. So I'm leaning towards another Britax or something comparable w/ Rf weight limits. (Although I do like the 65 just fine.) Do y'all think it's possible to get 3 RF across or do I have to move my DS to the 3rd row? Which seats would y'all recommend that might be narrow enough to fit across? (As a side note, he is really on the petite side so I foresee him RF for quite some time. He's 27lbs and 34' so I don't want to turn him around anytime soon.)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated on which seats would work well for the new baby!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 1:30pm

Heather -

I think that your best option is to have one or two children in the 3rd row.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-26-2010 - 10:52pm

Thanks so much for your response Melanie. We actually gave our infant carrier away to a friend after my DD outgrew it so we're hoping to borrow a carrier from another friend until we're ready for a convertible. I'm glad to hear that the 3rd row will be just as safe as the 2nd, and we do have a seat in the 2nd row that can fold down to let me get to the back easier. I'm only 4'9 so it won't be too hard for me to get to the back to buckle the kids in, but my tall DH might have a harder time. (As a side note, when we were researching seats, my DH

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 8:31am

What is the seating like?

Canadian CRST

Dd 06-99 & b/g twins 03-02 w/MA, PWx3, Clek Oto, TB. Currently riding in a 2003 8pass. Chevy Venture or TBA. And too many retired sea

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 1:21pm
It's an 8 passenger w/ the solid bench.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 10:05am

3-across the 2nd row is doable with just about any seat combination as far as width goes. I haven't had an issue with rf seats taking up too much back/front

Canadian CRST

Dd 06-99 & b/g twins 03-02 w/MA, PWx3, Clek Oto, TB. Currently riding in a 2003 8pass. Chevy Venture or TBA. And too many retired sea