Great News...and Question m

iVillage Member
Great News...and Question m
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:23pm
DD received a call from her agent for a national commercial yesterday and another today!!! We are just really jazzed over here. Started a child management business too and that's going great!

We received the call yesterday for today's audition. DD had to memorize a 9 line poem over night. Just wondering how other parents handle this with homework, baths, dinner and everything else that life throws your way. The call we received today is much the same...only she won't have to memorize the lines...she only has to be familiar with them. They basically want to see her on camera with the woman who would play her mother (yes I'm jealous!). We've mostly auditioned for theater where you have to remember dance routines, songs and do cold readings within a matter of hours. Do you find that what we've experienced in terms of the commercial work is typical?

On a fun note, I tease my daughter all the time about having the "fake mommy" as she refers to them on set. It's really so much fun. How do you guys feel about fake mommie's? And why don't they ever look like the real thing???!!! laughing.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 8:46pm
I had a "fake daddy" change right in front of me. We were talking and he just takes of his pants and is standing there in his boxers, and just keeps talking to me like it's nothing! OMG it was so weird. I think it was like hey, we're adults, this is a job, this is just a normal part of the job, I'm a model kind of thing...pretty funny...at least he was cute!

(my son was not present at the time)

Heidi

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:37am
I have liked the one fake mother dd has had. However, these fake Daddies are disconcerting. It's a little uncomfortable for me to see dd sitting on lap of fake daddy, or throwing arms around him for hugs. Even though I know it's perfectly innocent and I am standing right there, still....
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:31pm
Firstly, I'd like to say GREAT NEWS that things are happening for your daughter. That is so exciting.

My oldest has only had to memorize script for some movie auditions.

As far as "fake mommies" I sure wish I looked as good as them!

And let me add that you Chicago ladies sure are happening.

You know we'll be all over you now that we know you're a child manager! I think that would be a fun business. Demanding, but fun.

Good luck to your daughter.

Heidi

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:41pm
WOW!! Congrats to your dd! Im sure she will do wonderful in the audition! You have to keep me posted!

Obviously no advice, since the kids I have in the biz are wee ones. :)

Audrey

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:17pm
No advice. Just wanted to say Congratulations and wishing her lots of luck!

Robyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:07pm
Congrats and good luck! You guys are having a great week!

-Kim

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:07pm
that's so exciting!! When Trev auditioned with a "mom" last week he was so cute about it. We were walking back to the car and he gave my hand a squeeze and said, "she's not as good as you, Mom" Awww, love him!!!

Congratulations!!!

Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:30pm
Congratulations!!!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 2:02pm

how exciting! lots of luck being sent your way

dee