New with a question

iVillage Member
New with a question
Thu, 03-02-2006 - 7:28pm

Hi,
My name is Elise and I live in Los Angeles with my DD, Mina who is 2 and my DH.
We are thinking about getting her into an agency but I just don't know how to choose one, I went on the SAG website and I printed 13 pages full of agencies, I still have to call to find out which ones represent 2yo.
But how do I know which ones are good?
I'm asking that because my DH registered to an extra agency over a month ago and they guaranteed him work the next day and it never happened and since then told him he was booked for something and turned out he wasn't and I just don't want to have to deal with a scammy agency for our DD.
I don't want to push her into doing it but we thought we should give it a try after being told by tons of people to do so since she was born.
She is pretty smart and speaks pretty good for her age (she turned 2 on 01-27) and is a pretty easy child and she is full of expression and character.
She is mixed (I'm white daddy's black) and is on the light side (if it matters lol)
So where do I start?
She already has a work permit as she and my DH auditioned for a tiny part for this crappy agency.

Thank you

Elise

Mina 01/27/04

Layla 02/05/08

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-03-2006 - 12:53am
Hi Elise-
I am in the L.A. area. I can tell you the names that I see on the sign in sheets at auditions if you want to give them a shot. Osbrink seems to be popular for kids. I think one of the moms here is with Colleen Cler. There is Jet Set, another mom here is with them, and we are with BTN (Baby Talent Network). I know that Jet Set and BTN have websites. BTN is a manager as well as an agent. There are lots more, but here are a few to get started with. I'm sure there are some other moms who might be able to share some names. It's tough because a lot of them are abbreviated on the sign in sheets! Let me know if you have any questions on how to submit or what types of pictures to send. I hope this helps...
Image hosting by Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-03-2006 - 8:50pm
Hi,
I have to agree with Amanda on the names of agencies. I have heard about Jet Set and Coast to Coast as well as Osbrink. We are with Colleen Cler. We used to be with Ford Modeling and BTN. I know that BTN works as a manager for children under 3-they charge a one time fee, but basically save you the time and energy of looking for an agent, they will place you with one. When we were with them, they placed us with KSA. Most agencies will ask you to send in a few photos taken at home with your information on the back.
Good luck,
Dana
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket