Off Topic: Bay Area People

iVillage Member
Off Topic: Bay Area People
Mon, 03-06-2006 - 9:13am
Hypothetically speaking, IF one's husband had a job offer in Sunnyvale, where would be a decent location for schools (K-8) (especially for gifted/talented) and theater/acting opportunities for young people????
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-06-2006 - 10:36am

Boo hoo for the East Coast if the hypothetical job offer is hypothetically accepted!!
Please please please can we do headshots before the hypothetical move????

BTW, Hypothetical congrats and I know a good realtor out there!
Gigi ;0)

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-06-2006 - 10:53am
absolutely :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-06-2006 - 11:22am
Me too for both! (photos & a realtor....haha) I've been thinking about you alot, hoping for some good weather. Although, they say this weekend is supposed to be nice....hmmmm
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-06-2006 - 3:17pm

Now you two are in on my little secret! But seriously, there is no done deal and this is by no means a definite thing. Just want to do my research ahead of time in case! I lived in Mtn. View many years ago, but the kids are older now and school/lifestyle is more of an issue than it was way back then.

And, hey, with the weather warming up, by all means, give me a yell if you want pics!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-06-2006 - 6:45pm
i am in the East Bay but will ask some of my South Bay and Peninsula friends.

xoxo Chelsea

Payton Wayne captured my heart forever on May 8th 2005

Visit Payton's Web Page

Mom and Dad's Website

xoxo Chelsea

Payton Wayne captured my heart forever on May 8th 2005

Visit Payton's Web Pa

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-07-2006 - 4:08pm
I used to live in Mountain View as well, but that was before children, so I can't speak for the schools there. I do know that there is a great theatre there and are always putting on great plays and musicals. I have a friend who lives near Sunnyvale and her kids go to public schools, I'll try to get in touch with her and ask if she knows of the good areas. We're now in the far East bay, but my DH works in Redwood City, lots of people commute far because of the high housing prices in the bay area. I'll let you know if I find out anything.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-07-2006 - 5:53pm
Thanks for writing...the bay area is beautiful, but tough with kids with the high housing costs...I want to be reasonably close to sf, but don't want a killer commute for my hubby. Most likely we'd be somewhere on the Penninsula but I'm thinking anywhere from Brisbane to San Mateo to Mtn View/Sunnyvale...it's far from definite just doing my research!