Question for Boston area people

iVillage Member
Question for Boston area people
Mon, 03-13-2006 - 3:32pm

We got a call today to possibly do a job for a publishing company (text books). I forget the name. Have any of you Boston-area people ever booked something like this? They might want to use a few of my kids. Just looking for a little info!

Thanks

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-13-2006 - 5:40pm
Hi Heidi, I was just lurking on this board and saw your question. My son worked before for Haughton Mifflin in Boston. I think that might be the only text book publishing in Boston. Thats the only one I know of. Hope that helps. I haven't posted on this board in a couple of years. Linda
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-13-2006 - 6:02pm
OH, Hi there! Yes, that's the name...I just couldn't remember it! I know the pay isn't too high, but they might direct book a few of my kids, so I think it would be worth it. Thanks for writing!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-13-2006 - 6:09pm
HI Heidi,
My son has done textbook shoots in NY
Typically it payed about $75/ hour and they booked for 2 hours.
We were always asked to bring a lot of plain, colorful clothes with us but they also had racks if they did not like your selection. Styling was pretty minimal - they wanted kids who looked like school kids only happier/cleaner!
Once M shot in a wheelchair
I would say if they are booking several of your kids it is worth it.
We have never seen any of the completed text books (but then I never really looked too hard for them)
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-13-2006 - 7:15pm
Thanks for the input. I think it would be good for one of my kids in particular because he's a little frustrated with several go-sees and no bookings lately.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-14-2006 - 4:19pm

Joshua did a booking for them once a couple years back. They had taken some photos with a group of kids together. Stictly business there. Joshua had a little trouble standing still and I don't think they were too happy with that. Anyways, worth a shot if they want to book a few of yours. I never knew which book Joshua may have been in.

Robyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-14-2006 - 5:51pm
When my son booked it our voucher told us the book and the year. Like math 2005. Then you could call the phone number for Haughton Mifflin and ask them to send a tear. Thats what I did and they sent the tear. I explained what he was doing and they found it easily.