What do I do???

iVillage Member
What do I do???
Sun, 03-26-2006 - 3:05pm
1st of all does everyone think flippers (fake teeth on a retainer to fill the space when kids loose their baby teeth) are nessesary when auditioning. My 6 year old lost his two front teeth a few days ago and we have several auditions coming up. The dentist is willing to make the flippers. Do I still take him on the auditions that are going to come before we will get the flippers, keep in mind he's missing the two front teeth. PLEASE write back! Thank you!
iVillage Member
In reply to: valx4
Sun, 03-26-2006 - 3:16pm
I really have no experience with this. I would ask if your son would feel comfortable in them, first off. I do know that sometimes clients WANT kids with missing teeth, or teeth growing in, or whatever. You could always put on the sign-in sheet that he'd be willing to wear flippers for a booking. But really, I think your agent would be the person to ask.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-27-2006 - 7:46am
You definitely need to ask your agent about this. The "teeth" issue doesn't seem to be what it was a few years ago. I would say you may be able to go on the auditions since the people there know that flippers are a possibility if they want teeth and like your son.
Feb siggie
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-27-2006 - 10:12am
OK I admit I'm not sure I should tell the agency. Isn't it easier to just send kids with teeth, and even if he has flippers being made, isn't it still easier to just send the other kids without these issues. I'm afaid he'll loose out on the entire pilot season. We have 2 auditions today. He gets called a lot and I don't want that to change. Maybe I should just cancel the next couple days of audition until he get his flippers at the end of the week, we make the molds Tuesday and they will be ready by Friday. Then the agency doesn't need to know...is that wrong? BTW kids are so dang cute with their missing teeth, it should never be like this at all. I mean lets face it, this is a natural part of our little ones growing up.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-29-2006 - 3:30pm
I have to say it would never have occured to me to get flippers for auditions for my twins. In fact, they had several auditions were they were asking for kids with missing teeth. Our manager has otherwise never brought up the teeth other than for headshots when they were missing teeth. Since the photos would be used when their permanent teeth came in, photos with a closed mouth smile were chosen. What does DS think about the flipper? I think it is expected that missing teeth is the situation with all 6 yr.olds....but I could be wrong...let us know how it goes with the flipper...
Image hosting by Photobucket