First Grade Blues & apology :(

iVillage Member
First Grade Blues & apology :(
Thu, 03-30-2006 - 12:47am

Hi girls---
Just wanted to say that I am so sorry I haven't posted much the last couple of weeks. We have been absolutely inundated with homework at my house!!! The boys are only in first grade and they have to do a big Geography project. It must include some sort of model (we made a styrofoam CA Mission model---glued together, painted, and decorated as well as a salt dough map of England--painted, major landmarks labeled) a 48" x 48" 3 panel display board which must have photos and maps (all of which must be labeled)--3 different colors--a pocket to hold the report, and yes....a written report about the whole thing!!!!! This is all times two--(with a 14 mth. old running all over & into all the supplies). This is due Friday and to top it off their teacher also gave them a book report due Friday with their regular Math homework. The book report must include a plan stating author, characters, illustrator, beginning, middle, end, and favorite part---and a rough draft and final draft and also a drawing of a scene as well as a drawing of the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1ST GRADE!! 7 YEARS OLD!!!!

On top of all this I had an Accounting test, Bus. Comm. test and 8 chapters of homework between all 4 classes!!! Arghhhhhhhhh!!! So, there is my rant....if you have read to this point thank you for your patience and willingness to listen to my whining!!!!! I just wanted to let you all know that I am sorry I haven't been responding to as much lately. Things should be back to normal by the weekend!

Oh.....to top off the final crunch for the work due, the boys manager called and they got a call back for tomorrow for Kay Jewelers---the pajama one. I am glad they got the call but jeez...talk about adding to the week's stresses!!!!

Thanks again for reading---I hope you all are having a wonderful week!
Oh...my sister (actually ex SIL but we're very close) is 8 wks. preggers with twins!!! Very excited for her, just thought I'd share....

Image hosting by Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-30-2006 - 9:33am

Awe sorry to hear that things are so hectic for you !!

xoxo Chelsea

Payton Wayne captured my heart forever on May 8th 2005

Visit Payton's Web Pa