Hi New

iVillage Member
Hi New
Fri, 03-13-2009 - 9:59pm

My DDs, 7 & 9, are involved with a theatre group.  They absolutely love it.  I've had parents tell me that I'm too strict with them...we run their lines every night and they do not miss rehearsal.  They both landed speaking roles in The Little Mermaid earlier this year.  Their next production is Narnia where they will both be Azlan fairies...singing/dancing roles.  DD#1 would like to work with more than 1 company but I'm not sure if it will be too much for her.  I had to withdrawl them from gymnastics for the next session because of a production conflict.  DD#2 is just happy as long as she can perform and play her drums...Santa has a sense of humour.

I modelled as a child...Sear's catalogue & such.  It was fun but I was isolated from the other kids because of it.  The kids at DDs' school seem excited about seeing their classmates in a production (the company has 2 day time school performances) so I'm thinking it must be more accepted now than when I was young.

So that's us in a nutshell.  Love to hear from you all and how you're dealing with everything.

Take care...Joelle