We Need Book Reviews!

iVillage Member
We Need Book Reviews!
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 5:29pm
We need your book reviews! I'm going to add some more reviews on the bookshelf web page. Do you have any ideas for what you'd like to see added to our web page? Would you like to make some suggestions?

Please do so here!!

Thanks for your reviews in advance! I know we'll get some great ones!

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 7:58pm
I loved "Gown of Spanish Lace" by Janette Oke. I thought it was well-written and had a great plotline: A schoolteacher is kidnapped by outlaws, and the leader's son is ordered to guard her. The young man believes that his father has gone too far this time, but can he arrange for her to be rescued without getting himself killed?

Becca :)

Random siggy powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-26-2003 - 10:24am
If you haven't read any of "The O'Malley Series" by Dee Henderson, go out and grab one! I just finished number three ("The Truth Seeker") and though it took me a few chapters to be so hooked that I didn't want to put the book down, I still came out at the end wanting to read more of the series. Here's a little bit of info about book three:

Lisa O'Malley would fit right in with the characters from CSI, in my opinion - her job is to find the clues that will bring justice for victims and closure for the families. When a friend of the family, US Marshal Quinn Diamond, comes to her for help in solving a twenty-year-old missing person's case he believes is linked with his father's murder, Lisa doesn't realise what's she getting into: Is she falling in love with Quinn or just sympathising because of the tragedy in his past? Will they catch a potential serial killer before he strikes again? If they come too close to the truth, will Lisa become the next victim?

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 10:30am
This sounds a lot like the Sue Grafton series "Alphabet books"

I love Sue so I'll have to check out.

Charity

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 1:06pm
"When Calls The Heart" (Janette Oke) hooked me! I didn't want to do anything else in my spare time but read, so I finished the book rather quickly. The characters were believable, the setting intriguing (Alberta in the early 1900's), and the plot was good. I was able to predict some things, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment.

Now for a little synopsis/blurb: Elizabeth is a schoolteacher who travels west to ensure that a small community is able to educate its children. She is adamant about the fact that she is there to teach, and not to find herself a husband; but she doesn't count on meeting and being captivated by Wynn Delaney. He, in turn, is unprepared for a woman who will change his mind about a Mountie's job being unsuitable for family life.