Welcome to the *new* Circ. Debate Board

iVillage Member
Welcome to the *new* Circ. Debate Board
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:42am
The first few days (and maybe a little longer) may be a little confusing.It was confusing for me as well,until I had some time to tinker around and figure things out.There are alot of really cool new features,and I am here to help you as much as I can.With time and practice,we will find what will work for us the best,just as we found a board setup that we all agreed upon for the *old* boards.

Please,post any questions you have about the new board format in the *General Discussions* folder,and I will answer them the best I can,or find the answer for you.I answered many of your questions yesterday,and you can view the replies in the *archives* link at the top of the board (brown section just under *Circumcision Debate* heading).Be patient with me if it takes me some time to reply,there is alot going on,and I will try to get to everyone as quickly as I can!

If you need to contact me off of the board,my e-mail is prizim74@yahoo.com .Please feel free to use this e-mail for anything at all that you need to contact me about.

Your board mentor,

Lynn(CL-prizim74)

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:47am
What the heck is this???!!! Wow, this will take me some time to figure out...

Cindy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:52am
I just checked out the Archives. What happened to the most-recent board? I can't find any of the discussions that were taking place in the last two weeks.

Cindy

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:19am
Hi Cindy,

Guess this'll slow things down for awhile! Hope you're doing well. I just clicked at the top on archives, and the last board came up.

Jim

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:54pm
I guess the old system was too easy to use. I wonder who sold them this one -- Dogbert?
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:56pm
Click on the *Archives* Link in the gray banner above and the archives will be listed in the *Archives folder below.

HTH,

Your board mentor,

Lynn (cl-prizim74)
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:39pm
dogbert...lol

Julie

9 out of 10 carseats are installed wrong.  Could yours be?

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:50pm
Here's one idea that might help to get around easier. I know this works in windows, but I'm not sure about any other OS. If you hit "outline view" at the top of the screen you'll get something similar to, but not exactly like, the old board. Minimize that, move and shape it to fill half your screen. Then, when you open a message, you can minimize, move, and shape that to fill the other half of your screen. Then, you can see the whole list and the message you are reading and/or writing at the same time. It helped me not to get too lost while looking at messages. My monitor is large, so I'm not sure how well it would work with a smaller monitor though.

Does anyone else have any suggestions to help us all get used to the new format? I'm trying to keep my mind open until I give myself time to get used to it. I didn't initially like this format, but it might just be the shock of it being so different.

Thanks Lynn for helping us out and holding our virtual hand.

Telina

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 4:59pm
Thanks Telina,

that helps a lot. It also works with IE and Safari on iMac - didn't check Netscape yet. I only have a 15" screen - so I kind of have to size everything to fit, but it's still better than clicking through the posts one at a time.It's still kind of weird, though.

Jim

Edited 3/27/2003 6:07:23 PM ET by adamant2002

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:21pm
Hiya Jim! Long time, no talk! Yes, I think this will definately slow things down. I really liked the style of the old boards, but hey...not much I can do about it! Been out on the road yet? Guess it's still a little early in the season.

Hope you are well,

Cindy

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 1:13am
You are welcome!Lynn(cl-prizim74)your mentor