iVillage Member
Sydney Morning Herald Editorial
Mon, 09-14-2009 - 7:54pm
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 12:09am
Two thumbs up

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Spencer and Susan!
Photobucket9a7844bd3f5495a1bdee1a34658193cbe8d.jpg picture by elissanbellaf42706593c5c715e8bd114c82a03dd07e24.jpg picture by elissanbellaElissa-7-09-1.jpg picture by elissanbella
Google1.gif picture by elissanbella
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 12:16pm
That Morris is one crazy guy.

KristiHannahPiperJackson1.jpg picture by itsirkmr

"Belief is not required.

KristiHannahPiperJackson1.jpg picture by itsirkmr

"Belief is not required.  Once you know this story

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-15-2009 - 9:33pm

I cannot understand Morris's persistence; unless he simply wallows in the inevitable

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 2:26pm

"Professor Brian Morris, quoted in your report, is not a member of the college. He is not and has not been engaged as a reviewer for the college.

David Forbes Chairman, pediatrics and child health policy and advocacy committee, Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Sydney"

Here's the article they were referring to:
http://www.smh.com.au/national/doctors-circumspect-on-circumcision-20090910-fjep.html

"However, an expert peer reviewer for the college, Brian Morris, from the University of Sydney's school of medical sciences, said the stance was ''flawed'' and based on misinformation and ideology."

Photobucket>

PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

<Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 8:25pm

Jessica, was your post above intended for Fellowtraveler, perhaps? But I note this:

'''The operation will no longer be as convenient, quick, cheap, low risk, without memory, but will instead be a more complicated procedure, often necessitating use of a general anaesthetic, which carries risks, will cost more, with cost and time needed representing a greater drain on medical resources, all of which will mean it will less likely be undertaken,'' he said.'

Low risk? I'm prepared to suggest that the risks of newborn circumcision are at least as great as general anaesthesia in an older child/adolescent/adult.

Christopher

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant

"Almost any manmade phenomenon is explained by tradition, inertia - or both." Anon

Edited 9/25/2009 1:43 am ET by cl-islaywhisky

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-24-2009 - 10:24pm

sorry, basically replying just to repost the original editorial and what Morris had been quotes as saying his position with the college was.

I thought they would be linked in the paper website, but I couldn't find it from the letters page and had to do a search to get back to the original editorial.
I had read it previously through another post/ Since I had the link there and the quote, I just figured I'd post it.

I think all 3 previous comments were all about Morris, but I just replied to the last post- wasn't really anything specific.

Jessica

Photobucket>

PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

<Photobucket