Venting

iVillage Member
Venting
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 9:30am

I just found out that my nephew in California was circumcised. This is my DH's brother and his wife, and I hadn't wanted to ask (I had offered info to SIL, but she said she was leaving it up to my BIL since she doesn't have the same equipment :P). Anyway, DH was talking to BIL last night and the subject came up.

BIL said he did the research, and decided he didn't want the responsibility of keeping DN's penis clean. "Somebody" told him that he'd have to clean smegma off at every diaper change, and he didn't feel he was up for it.

He did research my butt! He heard something that supported what he wanted to do and went with it. I'm so tired of hearing these stories, people are so misinformed and don't want to be better informed, not even for the sake of their children!

I'm sorry if this is coming off as judgemental, but I offered information to them and they refused (as they did all other child-related information I've accumulated in my education and research). They've made it clear they believe they've got it all under control, and seem to think they know more about everything than anybody else. I love them 'cause they're family, but they drive me up a wall!

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope you all have a great day.

--Wendy

Edited 10/2/2009 9:22 am ET by wendy_tjsmama
--Wendy

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: wendy_tjsmama
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 10:52am

Hey Wendy!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 12:33pm

"And what is it with women leaving the choice to their husbands because they have a penis?"

To say nothing of the fact that a man circumcised at birth knows less about the foreskin than the educated woman despite having "the same equipment"! Well, the "same equipment" minus a big part.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-28-2009 - 6:21pm
Sounds like they had already made up their minds and used some lame (not to mention untrue) information to justify their wants. Sad.
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 4:41am
Two of my sisters had sons in the last six months and both chose to circumcise. Made me sad for the boys.