video 10 out of 10 babies

iVillage Member
video 10 out of 10 babies
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 2:40pm

A friend shared this video on Facebook. I don't remember seeing it before, but sometimes I just can't watch the videos. This starts off with a short bit from Scrubbs and then it is graphic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5QgOiB8Yfk

Jessica

Photobucket>

PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketintact support    
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

<Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 5:36pm

SO distressing, so incomprehensible, so totally needless.

Christopher

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant

"Almost any manmade phenomenon is explained by tradition, inertia - or both." Anon

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 6:04pm

Actually, I was surprised by the bit from Scrubbs, since American TV series and sitcoms normally portray circumcision under a positive light, from the picturesque and amusing to the standard ignorant set of beliefs. In this case, however, somebody in the medical profession says "it is not necessary" and the father of the baby is shown as clueless, in not caring about the medical part but insisting on it anyway.

When it got to the "10 babies", I couldn't continue watching after the first scream. I just get too enraged by the ignorance at best and callousness at worst of a society that can wholesale tolerate that type of unnecessary suffering.

Regards,

Federico.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-30-2009 - 9:50pm

It is a very hard video to watch. If you think the scream of the first baby was horrifying, the last (imo) was absolutely heart-wrenching.
For those that don't plan on watching it but do better with a written description (still graphic) here's my interpretation: That was the sequence where the baby is asleep and the doctor manages to prepare the area (probably removing adhesions, getting the hemostat arranged etc). Then the baby starts wailing/screaming the instant the doctor starts cutting the foreskin. Not only is it a horrifying scream but the baby's eyes open mid-scream as he is jerked out of sleep.
I know some people will minimize this and say that these are examples of more extreme circumcision- that pain relief wasn't used and they must have been done a long time ago. But many people will watch it and be startled enough to learn more.

Jessica

Photobucket>

PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

<Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 10:27am

I have never been able to watch a circumcision video, and I don't believe I ever will. I heard a circumcision in real life, and that was enough for me, thank you very much. DH and I were visiting my boss and his wife