The Housework & Sex Connection

iVillage Member
The Housework & Sex Connection
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 9:36am

I was going to put this in the Non-Debate folder since it's not RIC-related, but I suppose it is a question that can be debated.  Since we have a few men posting on this board, I thought it would be nice to see what your thoughts are.

I would have to say that I agree with this.  I really only noticed it after having had the kids, but my DH is a LOT more attractive when he's doing dishes, vacuuming, or helping to care for the kids.  :)

Ladies, do you agree?  Men, have you noticed this connection?

-----------------------------

American women have long hinted that seeing their husbands doing housework—or at least seeing the results—is an aphrodisiac. Now, for the first time, men confirm that the housework-sex link is real.

Husbands who do more housework have better love lives. Men say that when they help out in the kitchen or in the laundry room, their wives tend to return the favor in the bedroom. What do you think of this link between men, housework & sex?

Read the entire article here.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 2:44pm

It makes sense.

The woman sees the man as partner, team mate, working beside her instead of expecting to be waited on (or just entertaining himself while she keeps working)

AND with the man pitching in, she's more rested, thus more energetic and more likely to feel frisky.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 7:26pm

In my case, I was brought up to be 'domesticated'. My parents believed it was important. So I learned how to do almost every domestic task, from dusting and vacuuming to washing up and cleaning the toilet bowl - and much more. I and my wife insisted on the same for our children. And, of course, I did my bit from the day we were married.

Whether it had a direct connection to the bedroom is hard to determine! But we are still happily man and wife, long after our kids flew the nest. So perhaps there's a link there? ;)

Christopher

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-21-2009 - 11:01am

Oh, yes. Definitely. My DH vacuums, does dishes, takes out the garbage, bathes the kids, etcetera, and we have a MUCH better sex life than most of my friends! And it would be better if I wouldn't fall asleep with the kids so much :P.

Side note for the ladies: a friend told me about a man she heard on the radio who said that if you continuously validate your husband (you're such a wonderful husband/father/provider/lover/etc., thank you so much for doing the dishes, whatever) the more he will do for you. We decided that I would try that at home and let her know the results (her husband is deceased). Guess what- it worked like you wouldn't believe! Suddenly he was putting up wallpaper that had sat for four years, priming, just a ton of chores. You know, it's gotta be good for your relationship, too. Everyone needs to know they're appreciated!

--Wendy