Now is the Time

iVillage Member
Now is the Time
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 10:36am

The AAP's Taskforce on Circumcision is meeting to formulate a new policy statement.  If you want to be heard, now is the time.  Douglas Diekema has said they are being inundated with mail and we need to turn it into a flood.

I have the contact information.  I don't know if I can post it here so if you want it, contact me by private message (click on my name at the top left of this post).  This needs to be done immediately.

Frank

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 1:55pm
I sent an email to both Blank and Diekema reminding them that not only have the Canadian and Australasian pediatric societies come out against circ in 2009, the African AIDS studies, even without taking into account all the statistical inaccuracies and poor quality control, are completely inapplicable to industrial societies. Furthermore, I told them that American science, medicine, and ethics would be severely damaged in the eyes of the world's leading scientific bodies to the point where further advice and "research" coming from the USA would not be given even a cursory glance given their propensity for biased research and medical advice should they come out with a "pro" recommendation.
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-22-2010 - 10:02pm

"I sent an email to both Blank and Diekema"

Don't forget that there are 10 more members of The Taskforce and we don't know what their input will be.