A great article

iVillage Member
A great article
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 9:08pm

So this article is a much better than average from the US, what does everyone think? I like the fact that they use the word "intact"

http://www.newsreview.com/chico/content?oid=1384746

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-11-2010 - 10:22pm
For something published in the U.S. it was quite good.
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-12-2010 - 9:09pm

Yes, comprehensive and revealing. The link to

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 7:42am
That is a very good article.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 8:03am

I did have one emergency room visit for my intact son because I thought he had an infection. He had a bowel movement in the middle of the night and I didn't notice till morning. His penis was a little red at the tip for 2 days so I took him to the ER. I was given and antibiotic and the doc told me if it happens again, have him circumcised!

I put the cream on him one day and it was gone the next. If I had waited a third day before rushing to the ER it may have cleared up on it's own because even the doc said it wasn't an infection but just in case here's the cream. When I told my husband that he recommended him to get cut, my husband was outraged. I haven't had another incident with my boy's penis looking red and I really think it was just a diaper rash.

The article was good and I am glad to know that the split is growing.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 8:07am

"Oh, and my husband is circumcised, so the "look like your father" argument never entered into our decision-making process."

I heard a national spokeswoman say that on TV once during a circ discussion and I couldn't help but imagine her son and dad comparing their penis's to see if they look alike. That's the most freaky response I have ever heard. She was against circumcision and I think her reasoning was totally ignorant. Son's and dad's don't observe each other's penis's and if they do, then I think the dad has some mental and possible pedophile issues.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-20-2010 - 8:34pm

Welcome to the board, Mom! And it's always a pleasure to hear of parents who left their son intact - especially when his dad is circumcised. Rising above the cultural norm can't be easy... congratulations. :)

Please stay with us and post whenever you have the time.

Christopher

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant

"Almost any manmade phenomenon is explained by tradition, inertia - or both." Anon

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.