"Circumcising adult men is the most....

iVillage Member
"Circumcising adult men is the most....
Sat, 06-12-2010 - 11:50pm

...effective way to stop transmission of the virus that cause AIDS."

So says Circlist, founded as a British website, but now using American spelling and terminology (at least for this specific subject), no doubt to encourage the only first-world nation who still circumcises its males routinely.

This raises several questions and thoughts in my mind, a few of which I will raise here and now:

1. The flawed African studies, with which we are all familiar, is the reason why the CDC and AAP are supposedly considering a recommendation that all BOYS should be circumcised. I say "supposedly" because after at least a year, we are still waiting for a statement.

2. Why, in the name of all logic, are these two medical bodies targeting little boys?? I don't need to explain why this is ridiculous.

3. The African experiments have been totally discounted as relative to nations where health and safety is paramount and practised in law.

4. If adult male circumcision was ever to be proven an undisputed benefit in the prevention of AIDS, I would support it until an effective vaccination is found - which makes it essential that boys are left inviolate; for their youth allows them the time for a cure to be discovered. Think Penicillin and its life-saving innovation.

The pro/anti debate for which this board is intended is purely because infant boys are circumcised routinely in the USA, based upon past myths and a cultural norm.

Is adult male circumcision the final myth?

Christopher

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant

"Almost any manmade phenomenon is explained by tradition, inertia - or both." Anon

Edited 6/14/2010 6:00 pm ET by cl-islaywhisky

Edited 6/15/2010 10:29 pm ET by cl-islaywhisky

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 8:25pm

First off circlist is an proven circumfetish site . I have a paragraph stating the true fetishness.

I don't know why they say HIV reduce in Circumcised Males when HIV is the Highest in USA plus we have the higher rate of Circumcised Males.

I do believe if CDC and AAP do that as of recommending circ'ing all boys to reduce/prevent HIV transmission is going to be as Misleading as the UTI/Cancer one .

Many times the ACS has stated people to stop using Circumcision as a benefit against penile cancer .

But it is still continued to be floating around even doctors still tell parents that and I'm like Why ?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-15-2010 - 11:06pm

"First off circlist is an proven circumfetish site."

Yes it is: I have acknowledged that fact

CL - Circumcision Debate

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-17-2010 - 10:34am

Everytime I read your title, my brain automatically fills in "asinine suggestion!"

^_^

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-17-2010 - 5:35pm

And you're right, of course!

Christopher

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Almost any manmade phenomenon is explained by tradition, inertia - or both." Anon

CL - Circumcision Debate

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 5:40pm
^_^
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 6:42pm

"^_^"

Purrrrrrrr...

CL - Circumcision Debate

CL - Circumcision Debate