are US boys too inept?

iVillage Member
are US boys too inept?
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 1:58pm

Too inept to care for a normal intact penis? After all I realize that we have a serious lack of facilities for maintaining ones "personal" hygiene needs in the US. There are few bidets in US bathrooms for example. I guess it is an overwhelming task to teach US boys to care for their intact penises after their foreskins have completely detached from the glans. We all know that if boys don't like to wash behind their ears they will certainly not be able to care for a normal penis. Too bad we can't send our sons to boarding schools in Europe where the boys over there might be able to teach them how to care for their penises.

what are your opinions?

Rob

"if 'Mother Nature' had meant for men to have foreskins, 'she' would have made certain that baby boys were born with them. One cannot logically deny that which is self evident"

Rob

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 3:22pm

I had to laugh, Rob - my 15-yr-old sons are terrible at washing behind their ears!

But they have never seemed to have any trouble washing their genitals, even when they were 4 or 5 (and I was still supervising their baths). Over the years I have had to send them back to the shower to wash their armpits or rinse the shampoo out of their hair, but when questioned, they have never forgotten to wash their penises. Judging by the amount of time my sons spend in the shower, I suspect their genitals get really clean.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 3:40pm

...There are few bidets in US bathrooms for example...

...and for foreigners like me, even after a few decades here, that flaw constitutes a major human rights violation :((

But seriously, everybody here is obsessed about cleanliness to the point of using it as an excuse for circumcision. Yet, every day, millions of times a day, the population of the USA (both women

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 8:47pm

Too bad we can't send our sons to boarding schools in Europe where the boys over there might be able to teach them how to care for their penises.

Well, American military families based in England do send their sons to boarding schools here. But unfortunately, Rob, they're almost invariably already bereft of a foreskin. I saw a circumcised penis for the first time when I was a boarder at Kent College, Canterbury. The boy's American

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 4:35am
I've never seen or experienced anything to make me believe that they would be inept, but I can't say I have a dearth of experience with kids.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 10:41am
From the stories I hear about little boys and their "best friend" and watching teens checking and re-arranging theirs, I imagine THAT body part would be THE cleanest from EVERY shower!