Top Norwegian Docs want to circumcision

iVillage Member
Top Norwegian Docs want to circumcision
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 6:38pm

News article here:
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.7238165

You'll have to use google translate to read it, most of you (i suspect) anyway.

translate.google.com

Now one of these guys is from their equivalent AAP bio-ethics groups. It always makes me wonder why their docs get it and ours (in many cases) don't.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 8:02pm

the header threw me off for a moment!

Top Norwegian Docs want to ban circumcision

"if 'Mother Nature' had meant for men to have foreskins, 'she' would have made certain that baby boys were born with them. One cannot logically deny that which is self evident"

Edited 8/12/2010 10:57 pm ET by rob08

Rob

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 9:20pm
I noticed I screwed that up but I don't know how to change it. It should be "want to ban circumcision"
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 10:43am

Now one of these guys is from their equivalent AAP bio-ethics groups. It always makes me wonder why their docs get it and ours (in many cases) don't.

I think our docs "get it" alright, they get it that ours is a society in which they can get away with it by taking advantage of parental ignorance with full support of not just a few "prestigious" medical institutions in the United States.

Rob

Rob

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 11:45am

I think our docs "get it" alright, they get it that ours is a society in which they can get away with it by taking advantage of parental ignorance with full support of not just a few "prestigious" medical institutions in the United States.

Rob, very well put.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 11:50am

You'll have to use google translate to read it, most of you (i suspect) anyway.

translate.google.com

How do you do that ?

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 1:14pm

How do you do that ?

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 6:17pm

"I noticed I screwed that up but I don't know how to change it."

Unfortunately we can edit the body text of our posts but never the title wording of of a thread we begin. Nor can we delete our own thread if we wish to.

This is an omission in my opinion and I will be suggesting a change on this issue for our up and coming revamp in October. I doubt we'll be allowed to delete our own threads, but I see no reason why we shouldn't edit the title if we wish.

By the way, I hope many of you have taken the time to offer your own suggestions! I did post a thread about a fortnight ago, giving the link you can use. But I can't re-post it here as I type because I would have to leave

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 6:54pm

"...they get it that ours is a society in which they can get away with it by taking advantage of parental ignorance with full support of not just a few "prestigious" medical institutions in the United States."

From a British perspective, I have to say I agree with you, Rob. And I have this to add:

If these 'prestigious' US institutions re-introduce a recommendation that every American boy should once again be circumcised, 'infamous' will be their perception among the world's truly eminent medical institutions.

Christopher

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant

"Almost any manmade phenomenon is explained by tradition, inertia - or both." Anon

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

CL - Circumcision Debate

"Education is the discovery of our own ignorance.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-13-2010 - 7:02pm

How do you do that ?

Rob

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-14-2010 - 9:31am
Thanks,

Pages