New Gel Protects Women

iVillage Member
New Gel Protects Women
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 4:49pm

A new gel type product protects women against HIV infection.  Read about it here:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/new-gel-protects-african-women-from-hiv

I remember when Gardisil was introduced to prevent the spread of the human papilloma virus.  I accurately predicted that those advocating infant male circumcision would completely dismiss the product and I have been completely correct.  Five years later, they are still advocating male circumcision to prevent cervical cancer although The Great American Circumcision Experiment has shown to be a complete failure in preventing cervical cancer.  I suspect they will also completely dismiss this product and continue advocating male circumcision as an intervention in HIV infections even though it has also been shown to be a miserable failure as a weapon against HIV.

Frank

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 7:35pm

" I remember when Gardisil was introduced to prevent the spread of the human papilloma virus.

Rob

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 6:44am

Of course, pro circumcision medical interests are deperately trying to preserve their creditability in their advocation of routine infant circumcision.

Yes, some have an agenda whether it is for preservation of a profitable procedure, belief in old fashioned myths or religious interests.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-20-2010 - 10:06am

<>

Yes, they will fail, and be entirely discredited in the process. The legislatures are facing bankruptcy, and now these clowns want to convince them that cutting babies is a good thing, even if it costs them millions more? The states will look at the studies and go "your own work says it wouldn't be all that effective in stopping HIV. So no, but thank you. Get out".