Sleeping positions POST c/s ?

iVillage Member
Sleeping positions POST c/s ?
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 7:41pm
I would love to hear anyone's recommendations for sleeping positions after having the c-section ... any tips on getting in and out of bed and any tips on getting into that sleeping positon?

Thanks so much!

Tina

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 12:14pm
Roll baby roll! LOL Seriously, I slept on my side for a good 3 weeks, and sometimes I used a pillow under my belly to help support it (I still had what looked like a pregnant belly, and if it sagged when I was on my side it hurt) Also, I would roll out of bed as easy as I could.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 7:50am
Love your sense of humor, Kelly! You're a great CL!

I know I sometimes tend to obsess too much. But I sware with my first c-section I slept with pillows under my knees to take the strain off those lower abdominal muscles (that I am sure are under that sagging belly somewhere) and on my back. But this time I have been sleeping on my side and was wondering if I was really making things harder on myself this way.

My biggest tip for the early days is that when getting out of bed is to swing you legs around and drop them down the side of the bed and use your elbow to prop up and come to the sitting position.

All the best,

Tina

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 2:43pm
I'm with kelly! Roll baby roll! LOL! I found that sitting up from lying HURT unless you rolled on your side first and propped yourself up. time consuming and still uncomfortable, but being on your side helped with the pain!

kris