Vertical incision for c/s #2

iVillage Member
Vertical incision for c/s #2
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 11:22pm

Hello all,

I'm Rosa and I'm new and am expecting to deliver baby #2 via repeat 36 week c/s in 1.5 weeks. Met w/my perinatologist today and she said that she and the other docs had discussed my case and agreed that for this little guy, in all likelihood, they'll be doing a classical/vertical incision due to my history - 2 abdominal myomectomies and a scheduled c/s for my first little guy. All of which had the horizontal incision. She said that b/c the same incision site had been used for all 3, in all likelihood, I have a TON of scar tissue in that area and it would be extremely difficult to cut through. Not to mention the fact that I also have an anterior placenta and their goal is to get in and out as quickly as they can.
I don't know why, but the thought of a vertical incision freaks me out. I mean, I understand why, but I'm more worried about recovery w/the classic cut. Anyone have experience w/both types of incisions? Which took longer to heal? For my first c/s, due to them using the same incision site as for my previous myomectomy, I healed a LOT faster and barely experienced any pain (was out and about w/in a week and people had said they never would've guessed I had a c/s). Any advice? TIA

Rosa

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Rosa

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 12:06am

Hi Rosa,

Congratulations on your baby on the way! That's so exciting! I have only had low transverse incisions for my last 3 C sections. It sounds like you are in good hand though!

Maybe one of our other C section Mommy's will pop up with some first hand experience to share with you.

G/L on your upcoming birth!

Photobucket