Pregnancy after uterine window??

iVillage Member
Pregnancy after uterine window??
Sat, 06-26-2010 - 12:31pm

Hello,

I'm not sure where to ask this, but this seemed like the place to start!

I am a 25 year old mother of two girls, both delivered via c-section. During my last c-section (a homebirth VBAC attempt turned CBAC after transfer), it was discovered that I had a large uterine window of about 6 cm. The window, to my understanding, was NOT at my previous scar, but rather higher, where my bladder had been tacked to my uterus. While not TTC yet, I am starting to look into the safety of a third and final pregnancy. I know that a future birth would be a c-section around 38 weeks, but I'm

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 1:35am

Hi Kelly,

Congrats on starting to think about #3! I'm afraid that I'm not going to be a ton of help for you... I've had 3 Cs and I'm planning for #4 in November, but my doctor has always said that my uterus is very sturdy and no windows or thinning.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-28-2010 - 9:52am

I know the OB "suspects" a window in my case, but he doesn't know for sure. He hasn't been worried about it at all other than to give me the lecture "if you think you're in labor, you need to get here as soon as you can...."

He said he's seen windows in delivery a lot, but he never said they were dangerous unless you tried to labor through them. I've never ruptured or anything, but I hope this helps...

PhotobucketPhotobucketblinkiePhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sarah-busy mommy to Justin, Grace, Isabelle, Boyd, and expecting another miracle in August.
Photobucket