New to Board

iVillage Member
New to Board
Tue, 12-05-2006 - 11:13am

Hi Everyone!

I have been reading the posts here for about 3 months and finally decided to join.

Theresa

Expecting Twins  8/31/07

iVillage Member
In reply to: gal_resa
Tue, 12-05-2006 - 9:13pm
Welcome to our board.

jhscalis@wisc.edu

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-06-2006 - 10:42am

I don't post often but come to the board every couple weeks to check in. I wish I had found the board prior to becoming pregnant. Dan and I have been married 3 1/2 years (4 years in March). After being married about 6 months we decided TTC. Due to my previous irregular cycles I wanted to be under the care of an OBGYN during this. Almost six months in I was diagnosed with PCOS and being treated. We were still unsuccessful so my OB suggested a semen analysis. After doing this we found out that Dan has "zero count" We decided to use donor sperm. After months of testing for me, and a surgery to remove an ovarian cyst, we started donor insemination cycles in June 2005. After 8 months, 7 cycles (we took a month off to pick a new donor), and 2 different donors, we finally conceived January 2006. In May I found out I had incompetent cervix and was put on bedrest. I was on bedrest for 13 weeks, including 4 weeks in the hospital. My baby boy was born on August 6 at 32 weeks. He was in NICU for 5 days and in a continuing care nursery for 2 weeks. He was born at 4 lbs 5 oz and now at 4 months he weighs 13 lbs 6 oz.

Welcome to the board and good luck

Scottie
Zachary 8/6/06

oct06appleblossoms3-1.gif

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-07-2006 - 11:55pm

Hi,

I wish you much luck on your retrieval and transfer! Happy days are ahead for you.

I was also diagnosed with POF (I'm 38). I'm now pregnant from DE, we had a blastocyst (sp?) transfer on Nov 24th.

Best,
tp

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-08-2006 - 4:08pm

Thanks for everyone's best wishes.

As for the retrieval update. There were 28 eggs retrieved today. 14 for us and 14 for the other recipient couple [ we are doing a split cycle}. I will get a call in the morning to find out how many fertilized. We are looking at a day 3 transfer, but won't know for sure until Monday morning. This is gonna be a long weekend.

Congratulations on your BFP. Was this your first try with DE?

gal_resa

Theresa

Expecting Twins  8/31/07

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-08-2006 - 5:54pm

Hi,

Yes, this is our first time using a donor egg. We have one 6 year old son which was conceived 'naturally' and easily when I was 31. When my doctor first mentioned the posibility of going with a donor egg over a year ago I was secretly thinking, "yea, right, NEVER....let's not go there". But after my miscarriage, being diagnosed with POF and experiencing hot flashes, no period, etc, I just went for it, didn't even have to think about it. We are very excited to finally be adding to our family and I can't wait until it's time to tell DS about our baby, he will be thrilled!