So far no luck

iVillage Member
So far no luck
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 3:49pm
We did our second cycle at the beginning of July, and AF came last Friday. I have to say that I am a little bummed. I thought it was going to happen by now. Trying to remain optimistic. I placed my order with the sperm bank today for the next try. I believe that the timing has been off though for both insems I did. The problem is that I am getting my LH surge, and do one insem that night, and then the other 24 hours later. The trend that I am starting to see is I am ovulating about 2 days after the LH surge. I think that I need to wait longer before doing the insems. According to everthing that I have read, I was doing it "according to the book" I think my body is a little bit different. Has anyone else had to alter their timing a bit according to their bodies schedules? Any input would be most helpful!
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 5:54pm

I am sorry AF showed.

jhscalis@wisc.edu

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-22-2009 - 7:18pm

I'm sorry you haven't been successful yet ... I know how frustrating that can be.

I was really hoping that IUI would do the trick for me, but it turns out (in my case, anyway) that it only bumped up the chance of success each cycle by a few percent ... since I'm 41, my chances aren't great for any given month to begin with, so even with IUI the odds weren't in my favor.