BCP question

iVillage Member
BCP question
Sat, 07-25-2009 - 7:49am

(copied from TTC 6+ mos)
This is a question for those of you who have used BCP at the start of your cycle. AF started on Tues. w/spotting and I started BCP. Typically for me I have 1-2 days of spotting, followed by 3-5 days of normal flow (increasing to med/heavy then decreasing). This is normal for me even the other times I started the pill. Well this month I had 4 days of spotting and that was basically it (we'll see what happens today). Do you think the BCP could have affected my cycle already, after just 4 days of taking it? That has never happened before. Usually when I start BCP w/the start of AF it is normal though I might have spotting throughout the cycle.

So of course because I am paranoid I am worrying there is something going wrong with my lining. And no, I'm definitely not PG.

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.
iVillage Member
In reply to: adav75
Sun, 07-26-2009 - 12:00pm

Amber - I think I had something similar happen.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-26-2009 - 1:08pm

That's exactly what happened to me.

Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-26-2009 - 4:55pm

No, I didn't call yet because it's the weekend, I'll call tomorrow or Tues, but I'm not that worried. It's day 6 and still just spotting. I will probably spot on and off for this whole cycle then hopefully next one will be more normal. That's what usually happens. But I don't think I've been on BCP for more than a month since I was actually using it for birth control (as if I needed it, but who knew?) so I have no idea what will happen after this cycle.

God, it's hot today, isn't it? It's gross. I'm signing off for a bit because of our move tomorrow and we won't have internet till Wed I think. TTYL!

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.