back to the drawing board (again)

iVillage Member
back to the drawing board (again)
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 10:35am

(cross posted)

Well, my donor backed out...again. If you remember my first donor we picked in April got axed for primadonna behavior. I got a call today from the agency and apparently after my donor met with my RE she decided she was not going to do a cycle there. She said she didn't like the Dr. or the practice. She even went so far as to suggest that we use a different Dr!!! Can you believe it? She's 22 and has donated her eggs once and she is now an expert on RE practices. She didn't like the protocol and she didn't like the Dr. personally (who is extremely personable).

So whatever.

We're back to the drawing board. Honestly I am relieved because I was on pins and needle and thinking I'd have to wait till next week. It obviously just wasn't meant to be and I am fine with that.

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-26-2009 - 8:47am

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble finding your donor but honestly it's good this one backed out now and that you didn't have to deal with her "attitude" further in the process. The right donor is out there waiting for you ...it will happen. We're also waiting to find a donor so I know how hard the waiting can be but hang in there. It's going to be worth it when you find the right one.

Good luck!

Carolyn

TTC #1 since 2005 IUI #1 - chem. pregnancy
IUI #2 - BFN 5/2007 -BFP naturally, m/c 6/07
IUI #3 - BFN
IVF#1 canceled
IUI #4 - 8/9/09, IUI #5 8/10/09 -BFN
Moving forward with DE!
Carolyn

Too many IUI’s, IVF’s and failed attempts to count.

TTC #1 since 2005

Pages